Not to long ago thinking of having high speed internet on the go on any of your devices was only a dream. With the invention of mobile routers accompanied by an evdo card this was somewhat possible the only problem was that you had to have a constant source of power for the router to connect multiple devices.
With the new MiFi router from Verizon wireless this is now a dream come true, it will create a hotspot that travels with you. While it is not cheap to get this service, it is definitely worth it especially if you travel around the united states or your business requires you to be mobile. The MiFi router goes for $150 with a $50 mail-in rebate. Below is a video that will walk you through the configuration of the device and also show you how it works.
Finally the internet in the palm of your hands.
It mentions in the instructions that the software for the vaccess manager comes preloaded so when you connect the device open â€œMy computerâ€ and it will show you an additional CDROM there, double click to open it and the software will be there. If you prefer just CLICK HERE to download the VACCESS MANAGER software.
Technical Information from Verizon about MiFi:
You can connect more devices.
- Use Mobile Broadband on a notebook or netbook.
- Connect your netbook, camera, MP3 player, media player, PDA, portable gaming system or any other Wi-Fiâ€“enabled device.
- Provide a wireless hub for up to five devices at one time.
You can get more done with multiple connection options.
- In Wi-Fi mode:
- Connect up to five Wi-Fiâ€“enabled devices at once.
- Use the lithium-ion battery for up to four hours on the road or 40 hours of standby time.*
- Plug the device directly into a wall outlet for extended usage time.
- In USB mode:
- Connect the MiFi device to your notebook via the included USB cable to use it as a modem.
- Extend the battery life of your work session by connecting the device to your notebook via a USB cable.