For all of you that are using windows and are waiting to Jailbreak your 3G iphone the wait is over. Since Quickpwn 3.0 has not been released, I posted a link i found below to a custom .ipsw 3.0 file that you can use to restore your iphone. Once it is restored with this version it will be jailbroken. I tried it and it works flawlessly, now my iphone is jailbroken.
To restore using this file, simply follow the instructions below. Please keep in mind that this is for iphones that are connected with a carrier and not unlocked iphones. You will need to activate it. Once the Quickpwn 3.0 comes out then you can also unlock it.
1. Download the iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Custom_Restore.ipsw file and save it to your desktop
2. Connect your iphone to your computer and open itunes. Make sure you have the latest version 8.2 of itunes
3. While holding down the Shift Key on your keyboard, click the restore button in itunes, this will bring up a popup window
4. From the popup window look in your desktop for the iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Custom_Restore.ipsw file, click on it and choose open.
5. iTunes will now start the restore process, be patient since this process takes about 15 minutes or so.
6. Once it is completed it will boot up. Your iphone is now jailbroken.
DOWNLOAD LINK: iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Custom_Restore.ipsw
Let me know if the link is broken. I will also post here the new Quickpwn 3.0 when it is released.
NOTE: THIS IS NOT FOR THE IPHONE 3Gs or the 1st generation iphone, only the 3G